Friday, December 26, 2008

Cool things happening

OK - I went out and bought some more exercise DVDs and equipment with the attitude of DO IT OR DIE. Let's hope it's not the latter. Yeah - God Bless the holidays....my favorite time of the year to cook and eat.....and eat.....and eat. I also love to crochet, so I made lots of hats & neck scarfs as presents this year for friends and family. People tell me all the time I should go into business making things and selling them. Right.....even if I charged MINIMUM wage - some of these take as many as 30 hours to make. With the price of yarn I use - $5.99 to $6.99 a skien - where it takes 6 to 7 skiens, well......you can see the cost would be up there. If I went by those calculations, a hat and scarf set would cost over $300.00! lol Soooooo - I just make them and give them away as presents.
I'm really looking forward to getting into my exercise routine now that the holidays are over and I don't have to make any more gifts. I've also been talking with a guy from one of the major bicycle manufacturers and he is very interested in partnering up with us for the ride. It'll be great to finally get a road bike to practice with. Of course, I would need an indoor trainer for the bike until the warm weather gets here, but that's OK. I'll be used to it by then.
January will be a big month for me, because I'll be taking a class to get a certification so I can go into shelters to speak with women. I'm just finishing up my essay to summarize my life that will be published in a book to be released this summer and I'll be meeting with a publicist to put together a book deal about my life......which will be leading up to the glorious bike ride we will be doing in 2009! Too exciting.

1 comment:

Beth Travers said...

So Excellent-- Enjoy January! You are going to have an awesome year